Check you're registered to Vote

University of York student? Make your vote count!

Check you're registered to Vote
If you're a home student at the University of York, check if you're registered to vote in the next general election on 4th July.
Learn more about registering and voting as a student with a home and term-time address.

You must bring voter ID when you go to vote.

What counts as valid photo ID?

  • Drivers License (Provisional or Full)
  • Passport issued by the UK, any of the Channel Islands, the Isle of Man, a British Overseas Territory, an EEA state or a Commonwealth country
  • National identity card issued by an EEA state
For more information on acceptable voter ID, visit the electoral commission website.
Voter ID
Find out about the new requirement to take photo ID to some elections in England, Scotland and Wales